Monday, March 2, 2009
Our wonderful friends The Creek Cats gave us this award; The Honesty Weblog award/meme
It comes with these rules: “When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows who he or she is. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including ones who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on! “
10 Honest things is a lot! Oh well, may as well get started.
1. I barely meow. I squeak or meep but only meow when I'm about to do something exciting (like take off) or when I'm spooked by the wall ghosties!
2. I am not fond of cleaning myself. Samson is the more hygenic of the two of us so I let him clean me.
3. The third one is likely related to number 2. I have never had a fur ball or vomited. Once I ate a treat too quickly and it popped back out of my mouth. This freaked me out so bad, that I hissed and ran away(which is another thing I don't do much of).
4. I sometimes think Mommy is my real cat mommy. At night, when she lies down, I stand on her pillow and knead her face, neck and lips and feed off the pillow. I never understand why she says it hurts because it feels great to me!
5. I am ridiculously muscled. I have close to zero body fat and my thighs and abdomen are hard as a rock.
6. Sometimes, I drool. If I'm really happy and I'm hanging out with Mommy or the Ball Guy, I'll drool when I'm on their shoulder.
7. I am not a lap cat. When sitting on humans, I prefer to be on their left shoulder with their arms supporting my butt from underneath.
8. I love some foods that cats don't necessarily like. Tomatoes, pineapple, lettuce and avocados. Oh, and bananas!
9. I've never been fed from a can yet the sound of a can being opened makes me run to the kitchen and pull myself up on the cabinets to see what is in the can!
10. I am very trusting but I do not like getting my nails clipped. Sometimes they trick me but I usually get away after they do one or two!
1. I run like a horse or a bunny. When I'm very excited I bounce and 'bound' like a bunny and when I'm just plain running it's like a horse-trot with my big fluffy tail over my back.
2. I can sit on Mommy ALL day. Whether she's at the computer, on the sofa watching TV or even on the toilet, I will try to sit on her lap :) When she sleeps, I like to lie on her side and put my face or paws on her cheek. I also like sleeping on the pillow beside her face and stick my paws in her neck area (like a hug) so we're nose to nose.
3. I always try to get out into the hall (we're in an apartment building) but once I got stuck out there and they didn't notice for 10 minutes! I was terrified when Mommy found me. I still try to get out but I'm really scared I might actually do it!
4. I am very happy with my crunchy food. I do not need anything extra (except treats, of course). When they try to give me human food, I just smell it and reject it.
5. I am addicted to catnip! Once I took off with the whole bag! Boy, was that ever a good day :)
6. I like to watch TV. I prefer shows with horses, women, lots of action or sports.
7. I'm obsessed with the paintings of horses on our wall. I sometimes stare at them for a long time.
8. I only purr for Mommy. I love attention from other people but I save all my purring for her.
9. I love getting my nails clipped. Even after the time Mommy cut one too short and it bled! She felt so bad and gave me so many kisses that it was worth it.
10. Mommy and I have a tradition; When she gets home from work, I stretch up and claw the wood shelf in the hall. She has to say 'Oh, look how strong you are, my handsome boy' and she rubs my belly.
Phew, that was revealing! Now we're going to choose 7 friends and try not to pick anyone who recently posted about this award.
Wizard and Angel
The beautiful Jane
Jan's Funny Farm
Samson & Delilah
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Concats on your award! :)
Peffe & Lussie
Hey, thats very honest of u :)
Hi guys! Wow. I feel like I really know everything about you now. Thanks for giving us the award too! I'll have to come up with some secrets about myself to share with everyone.
Oh, these are really great - they reminded me of a lot of things I *should* have posted about the cats!
I wish Tasha was like Delilah when it comes to hairballs - Franklin never gets them either because he's not too good about bathing! (I have to clean his ears for him...)
P.S. Franklin and Tasha do the can opener thing too - and they've never been fed from a can which needed a can opener. It must be passed down in the genetic memory of cats or something!
That was truly very very interesting. So many details about you - great! We sure love this meme.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli
Concats on your award!!
Thanks for keeping them purrs coming. We are really hopeful its not that evil c word!
Thanks guys, I will have to think about this one, 10 honest things?
Post a Comment