Wednesday, April 22, 2009
National Hairball Awareness Day and Furball Contest
Friday April 24 is National Hairball Awareness Day!
Our friends Romeo and Pugsley are doing an awesome contest sponsored by FURminator to raise money for Kitten Rescue.
Mom is entering me and Delilah and she says the biggest reason it will change her life is that it really reduces shedding and that will help a lot with housework! She just had surgery and she's not allowed to vacuum for a few more weeks and the amount of fur around the house is insane. The poor Ball Guy has to come over just to vacuum!
The reason it will change my life is Mommy is always threatening to have us shaved and I heard her talking with The Ball Guy recently and I think she's seriously considering it! She brushes us every day and it still doesn't prevent all the knots. The FURminator will eliminate that threat so that I can go back to lying on the clean clothes and black fabric chair without worry. I also have a lot of furballs. I like to clean both myself AND Delilah.
Here are the rules for the contest and a photo of the very handsome Romeo enjoying his FURmination:
To celebrate, www.RomeotheCat.com and FURminator Inc. (www.furminator.com) are sponsoring the “Who’s Your Favorite Furball?” contest.
The winner will receive a free FURminator deShedding Tool and will also see their favorite, funniest, furriest furball featured on www.PeoplePets.com and popular pet blogs across the Internet.
Entering is easy!
1. Visit www.romeothecat.com and click on the FirstGiving link to donate $1 (or more if you choose!) to Romeo’s FURPOWER beneficiary of the month, Kitten Rescue of Los Angeles.
2. Submit your favorite, funniest, furriest furball photo (cats only, please!) via email to romeo at romeothecat dot com and tell us how winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!). Make sure to include the following information:
* Your Favorite Furball’s name
* How winning a FURminator deShedding Tool will change your life (and your furball’s life!)
* Your name
* Your email address
* What name you used with your FirstGiving donation
Entries must be submitted by 9 p.m. EST Thursday, April 23, 2009.
3. A Favorite Furball gallery will be posted on www.romeothecat.com leading up to the big announcement.
4. The winner will be selected via a random drawing.
5. The winner will be announced on www.romeothecat.com, www.PeoplePets.com and participating blogs at 12 p.m. EST Friday, April 24, 2009.
* Contest is only open to cats (sorry doggies!)
* Entrants must be located in the U.S. or Canada
* Entries must be submitted by 9:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, April 23, 2009
* Entrants agree to allow their photo to be posted on participating blogs
If you have additional questions, please contact romeo at romeothecat dot com.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Good photos to start this post off. You sure look like you could use a Furminator. So could our floofy Rusty.
Good luck in the contest.
Love those photos of you! Mom never heard of the Furminator before till last week! Hope contest goes well!
Good luck in the contest, we love the photos you posted today.
Those are the best floofy photos, Samson. We still haven't decided who to submit, but we're posting about this today too. (Tasha just coughed up a hairball in honor!)
We love our furminator. I used to get a couple of hairballs a week and now I have only had one since mum started furminating me just after Christmas.
We can't enter the competition because we live in the UK.
We wish you both much luck in the contest!!!
so FURRY great photos !!!
Hairballs are yucky! We need to stamp them out for good!
We already have a furminator but we're gonna enter the contest cuz it's a fun way to raise some $$$ for a good cause!
WOW! Where did you get ALL that fur, Samson?? We don't even come close!! Good luck!
Thanks for letting us know about that contest! Love those pictures of you Samson!
Post a Comment