Fin's Mom Meg tagged our Mommy with a game. We swore we wouldn't let her blog again for awhile, but when Fin speaks, we listen (she's so floofy cute). Take it away, Mommy!
Here are the rules:
Either (1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR (2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR (3) post a childhood picture of yourself.
Well, I'm going for the first one, but the photo is 5 or 6 years old from when I used to work as a rental agent for musician and artist lofts. A lot of the tenants had pets, so I was the 'crazy pet lady' of the building and kept plenty of treats on hand. Some of the tenants told me that their dogs wouldn't go back to their loft until they'd visited me in the office after their walks. These were my favorite tenants, Max and Nipper. (Max is the German Shepherd and Nipper is the fluffy terrier/poodle mix)
This is Teddy the boxer and I. Behind me was the 'Wall of Pets' on the office refrigerator. I asked all of the tenants to bring me pictures of their cats and dogs.
I'm not posting any recent photos, only because I've put on weight since then and I avoid the camera like the plague. I realize it's vain and that it doesn't really matter, but I'm just not comfortable. I am losing weight again, and I blame the initial weight gain on the first of my 'Facts about me'.
1. I had been living with mild to severe iron deficiency for close to 9 years. It contributed to a lot of problems like severe fatigue, headaches, loss of mental sharpness, hair loss, weight gain (from lack of exercise) and just plain laziness. Since I recently had surgery that eliminated the iron problem, I'm amazed that I let it go on that long. I feel like a new woman and my brain actually functions properly again. Also, my hair is growing thicker and I have much more energy.
2. I currently work as a salesperson for animation software. I deal mostly with educational sales and I love speaking to teachers.
3. I am 43 years old and I have never been married (engaged once, but I backed out just in time!) and I've never had any children. My sister and brother have 3 and 4 children respectively, so my mother never hassled me to have kids (which was wonderful). She refers to Samson and Delilah as her grandchildren without even blinking. My Mom is the best.
4. I can't punctuate to save my life. I can spell well, but commas and semi-colons just confuse me. If my posts are punctuated properly, it's either a fluke, or I asked The Ball Guy (Brad) to help me out. I'm sure you all have noticed the inappropriate use or lack of punctuation.
5. I was born in Toronto, Ontario and moved to Montreal with my mother, sister and brother when I was in my teens. I plan to move back to Ontario, but not Toronto. I am leaning towards London, Ontario this time. My dream is to have a very small farm with cats, dogs and chickens on the outskirts of London. Of course, the chickens will have to be protected from Delilah but Samson will likely just make friends with them.
6. I'm terrified of confined spaces and spiders (actually, most bugs). All of the cats and dogs I've had have learned early that they must get rid of any bugs right away! If there is more than 3 people in an elevator, I'll take the stairs.
7. The furthest I've traveled was to Sydney, Australia for the 2000 Olympics. I loved it! The people are wonderful and the city was beautiful.
8. (Bonus fact because it's not about me) Brad is called The Ball Guy simply because he plays fetch with Delilah.
Just because it's funny, I'm posting this photo of me with my sister and brother at a petting zoo when we were kids. I always get a kick out of the knee socks! (I'm in the middle)
I'm tagging the following people:
The Mommy at JewelGirls Katz
Angel and Kirby's Mom
Tommy, Noir's Mom
You'll need to get permission from your pets first, of course...